Ernakulum: Alapuzha Medical College Authority dismissed medical negligence over the death of a 3-year-old who swallowed coin in Aluva. Responding over the incident, The Medial College Superintendent Ramlal said the child has been provided with required treatment from the hospital. The x-ray of the child taken from the hospital showed the coin is in the intestine and it was was not in the lungs. The condition of the child then was not worsened to subject him for an operation to get the coin out. As the normal course of action in the kind cases, the coin will be out through motion. The parents were advised to give light foods to the child so that the coin will easily be discharged out.
He reinforced that there is not any medical negligence that surfaced in the case so far. If any negligence occurred, that will be revealed through the probe issued by Health Minister. So far such lapse on the part of doctors can not be seen in the case.
He denied the allegation that the child denied treatment as he was hailed from the COVID containment zone. Doctor Rampal said, the hospital is treating COVID patients and ”why should we deny treatment for patients came from containment zones”.