Ernakulum: The parents alleged medical negligence over the death of a 3-year-old child after swallowing a coin in Aluva in the district on Sunday morning. The health ministry issued a probe over the incident. The ministry asked to expedite the measures and asked to submit a detailed report over the incident soon.
The child was brought to the Aluva Taluk Hospital On Saturday from where the child was referred to the Ernakulum General hospital. In both hospitals the child allegedly denied treatment. The parents were informed to have given light foods to the child so that the coin will be discharged. The parents reportedly insisted on treatment despite they were advised by the doctors to go home with the child as further treatment was not needed as per them (doctors). The General Hospital Authorities reportedly aligned an ambulance for the child to reach out to Alapuzha Medical College Hospital as the parents insisted on treatment. According to the parents, Alapuzha MCH also denied them treatment.
The coin did not have gone and the condition of the child became worsened. On Sunday morning the child succumbed to his sick condition.
The authorities at the Taluk hospital Ernakulum informed they have taken an x-ray of the child and referred the child to the Ernakulum General Hospital. The Taluk hospital authorities said they have no pediatrician at the hospital and they referred the case to Ernakulum General Hospital. The child was brought to the Alapuzha Medical College Hospital and from there also he was allegedly denied treatment.
The MLA said that the incident is an instance of denying treatment to the patients hailing from COVID containment zones.