Ernakulum: The postmortem report of the 3-year-old died after swallowing coin on Sunday revealed that there was one more coin in the child’s abdomen. In addition to the coin seen in his intestine in the x-ray taken from Alapuzha Medical College, another coin, a total of two coins were seen in his stomach. The post-mortem report of the child is officially yet to come out. Health Ministery issued a probe over the incident which triggered wide-scale protests from many corners.
The incident of the child who died after swallowing coin sparked protest against three government hospitals as the relatives alleged medical negligence over the death. The hospitals denied the allegation over medical negligence over the incident and said all the required treatment to have provided to the child in the kind case. The family of the child alleged the toddler to have denied treatment from three hospitals where they approached.